Thursday, December 25, 2014

A Fuengirola Christmas


I begin this Christmas message with a reminder that no matter the place, time, or season, Christ is the center of it all. His birth, life, atonement, and resurrection is the reason I am here in Spain, and is what gives this life meaning and hope.
Fuengirola Mediterranian, Christmas morning 2014


I am so very very grateful for His example, His atonement, and the love from Him which I feel daily in my life. I am thankful that I am able to serve his missionaries and his people here in Spain, and hope that you, too, are feeling the joy that comes from being in His service!




My "Christmas" began with the "He is The Gift" effort, with cards, videos, and etc.  It really started with the tri-zone Christmas conference in Málaga, where the Málaga, Granada, and La Mancha zones came together for training, visiting, and a talent contest. To the left singing and on the right (on the far left) are our office elders, Elders Mercado and Datweiler showing off their talents (singing and eating, respectively).

On the left are some of the little cabin-booths that popped up all over to sell Christmas treasures. On the right is the roundabout outside our office sporting its Christmas finery.

The same fountain Christmas Eve

More Fuengirola street decorations, Christmas Eve 2014.
























Our little piso had a little tree we put up, and my friend Debbie gave us this cool nativity set. Just like home! The papá noel was in a store window, and I just couldn´t resist :)

The decorations in the Plaza Constitución were beautiful, as was the nearby catholic church, Nuestra Señora de Rosario.










Merry Christmas from Spain, and may your time here on this earth be filled with adventure and the joy that comes from service to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment